White Mill Rural Heritage Centre, Sandwich
Kent Museums Group is open to all museums in Kent & Medway and people who are interested in improving the quality of Kent museums to nationally approved standards whilst providing active support and representation for its members on a regional and national level. Its key aims are:
1. To raise standards across all aspects of museum operation by helping to train members and supporting them through the Accreditation process.
2. To host topical meetings for members and other interested people in order to provide a forum and to facilitate the sharing of skills and experience.
3. To provide a central link for members to the network of regional and national agencies in the heritage sector and to raise issues of concern where necessary on behalf of our members.
4. To coordinate and disseminate information widely about those collections and their associated evidence held in Kent’s museums.
5. To raise public awareness of the quality of museum provision in Kent whilst promoting public access to Kent’s material culture.